Wednesday, November 21, 2007

IE only form

Periodically, I have to fill out some online forms. These forms have their own problem. I live with them since I can do almost everything in Linux using Firefox except for one thing. The one thing is the ability to upload a pdf that contains some scanned images. The form puts the file into a SharePoint repository.

Why would you do that? This upload section has it's own form with a few fields and an attach file button. I cannot do the upload from there. I have to either reboot, startup VMware, or use my wife's laptop. I'm in Linux 100% of the time on my primary laptop.

I don't know if the problem is because of the developers or SharePoint, but I don't care. I've heard enough bad things about SharePoint that I would never willingly use it unless it was for work. Alfresco seems to be a better alternative, plus it's OpenSource.

No comments: